YLK upholds the philosophy of the Brothers of the Christian Schools founded by St John Baptist De La Salle of providing education to “the least, the lost and the last”.
St John Baptist De La Salle dedicated his life to educate the poor and disadvantaged; changing their lives for the better and preparing them for career training.
- To maintain and promote the LaSallian educative image among rural students in Kuching
- To provide funding for selected rural educational programmes proposed by the governing body
- To initiate, maintain and promote the development of Tuition and Learning Centres in the rural areas in Kuching for disadvantaged children & adults irrespective of race and religion
- To establish a comfortable relationship between members & relevant authorities in order to promote the interests of the society
- To cultivate a close bond with similar bodies in Kuching in order to complement the objectives of the society